In recent years, “Destination Weddings” have grown in popularity and the Hawaiian Islands are a favourite destination for couples seeking that perfect location for their big day. All of the islands offer a choice of first class wedding locations and reception venues.
All marriages in Hawaii require the issue of a Hawaiian marriage license permit before the marriage can take place. How to Apply for a Marriage License fully explains all the requirements that have to be met before the license can be issued. All marriage celebrants in Hawaii must be commissioned by the State of Hawaii, Department of Health.
The options are endless for formal and informal Hawaiian weddings. Day or night, indoors, outdoors, garden or beach setting or your own special place…. anything is possible. World class service and amenities are available from the myriad of hotels and resorts throughout the islands that specialize in wedding services, catering and accommodation.
Kauai is a very popular location for weddings and honeymoons and is able to offer many unique locations, a few of which are:
- Lush tropical gardens (Smith’s Tropical Paradise)
- On a private estate (Sea Cliff Estates)
- In a quaint Kauai historical church (Green Church in Hanalei)
- On the grounds of a first class resort (Grand Hyatt or Princeville Resort)
- On a pristine white sandy beach (Lumahai Beach – featured in South Pacific)
- At the Coco Palms (where Elvis married Joan Blackman in Blue Hawaii)
- In the Fern Grotto (on the Wailua River)
- Next to a sparkling waterfall (Na Aina Kai)
- At a scenic lookout (magnificent Waimea Canyon as the backdrop)
- In an idyllic chapel by a peaceful lagoon (Chapel of the Sea)
The Kauai Wedding Professionals Association is an organization dedicated to promoting the wedding industry on the island of Kauai. Their website has an index of all the wedding related businesses on the island.
The advantages of a Hawaiian wedding followed by the honeymoon at the same location are obvious and very cost effective. Many of the leading island hotels and resorts offer special wedding and honeymoon packages that involve a marriage service in the gardens or on the beach, followed by a honeymoon in a private luxury suite/villa, candlelit dinners, sunset cruises, champagne, flowers and keepsakes.
Hawaii has been a popular destination for honeymoons for many generations and the islands have worked hard at attracting this particular category of visitor. As a result, there is a huge range of honeymoon options to choose from in all price ranges across most of the islands.